Friday, November 20, 2009

Body Love.

I'm going to be totally honest and tell you guys that this is a tough, tough, tough one for me. I will put my hand up and admit that I completely am guilty of negative self-talk, body talk and weight talk. I whine and bitch and complain and scrutinize and compare and pinch and wiggle and whine some more. I do NOT love my body enough.

I think most of us don't.


I checked out the kick-ass MizFit's Exposed blog entry a few days ago and saw that it was inspired by my beautiful friend Michelle's awesomegoodness post over at Eating Journey. (go check them both out now, I'll wait...)



Michelle posted that entry with the Exposed Blogger movement info in it quite some time ago and I saw it at that point, and said, "Hmm, this is freaking awesome, but I don't think I'm going to participate," and I hid back under my desk and drank some more Diet Coke. When I looked again I noticed that she linked back to our gorgeous friend Esther and the blog entry she did about the Naked Truth. In that entry, she said she was inspired by me, my honesty and all that stuff.

So round about, I somehow inspired some people and I am lamely not even participating in the movement.

That, my friends? Is bull puckey.

You guys all know by now that I'm not easily embarrassed by much, I struggle to find topics for TMI Thursday because I'm just not that easily humiliated. I post pictures of my butt in old man undies and I show photos of my trying to squeeze into a size 8 pair of jeans unsuccessfully. But what is a real challenge for me (besides working out regularly or saying "no" to the piece of pie I ate today, more on that later,) is taking a candid look at my body and finding things to love about it.

So, it's obvious I've got to do it. I'll first thank these three ladies (MizFit, Michelle, Esther) for being ballsy babes and inspiring me to take a Loving Look at myself for once. ((hugs.))


Without further ado, I give to you, my Body Love.




So. What do you love about YOUR body?


Oh. And yes, to confirm your suspicion, the placement of John Mayer's name was TOTALLY intentional. ;)

~Jenn

30 comments:

'Drea said...

Kudos for showing your body some love.

As for me, I love my calves and thunder thighs...

Drew said...

Pretty awesome!

I think most women don't love their bodies enough (myself included).

Frannie said...

Love this idea. Someone else (I think Sue?) had posted something about body love recently, and asked for other examples in her comments. I really, really tried hard to post a comment, but it was impossible coming up with something I belived.

Working on it...

Danielle said...

This is FUCKING AMAZING!! I just went through all of the photos, and I am so inspired, and terrified (in that way that resonates in all of us). You rock, and this is your greatest photo yet. LOVE.

MadScientist said...

You are the spark of the movement..you know that right?

I love love love that you did this. You have a goregous body and a goregous personality to boot.

As for John Mayer---I hope he gets the message :)
~M

Bubbie said...

Is that your actualy body?? Man - people would LOVE to look that good. Yours was an excellent post. That would be difficult to do - for me with a real photo. . I am going to do it, though. If I appreciate it more, maybe I can pass by a few junk items I put into it daily. I'm trying to think who's name I can put near my 'privates'!! I guess my husband's. Thanks. I'd like to know how you're going to handle Thanksgiving and it's 'afterlife' of food, food and more food.

Dee said...

I love your post. I also love that your thighs don't touch when standing straight - i can't remember the last time my thighs didn't touch - i think i was about 12.

Anonymous said...

Jenn, you are the man. I love this. I, too, thought about participating and said NO. I feel like I expose enough on my blog. But really? I just don't know how to write on the picture like that.

Thanks for exposing. You really are an inspiration. And good work with the matching bra and undie look - a big change from the earlier grannie panties.

carla said...

YAY!!!

you rock.

Yum Yucky said...

Absolutely Awesome! Do I dare try this. ((thinking...thinking...)

InnerMedley said...

I love this! It's so honest and refreshing...and if I wasn't chicken shit, I'd do it too. lol

P.S. I've got a great rack and although I complain about the stretch marks on my midsection, I love that my body carried my daughter so close for 9 months. :)

Sarahf said...

I love that I get a waist with only a little effort, I have boobs that distract people (sometimes it's a bit inconvenient but mostly it's quite fun), I have inherited my mother's legs that carried me up Mount Fuji this summer and will carry me through a 10km this weekend. My friends here in Japan envy my pasty white skin and blue eyes. Wow, the list ended up being a bit long.

Vodka Logic said...

I do like my hair and my boobs are great just a bit misplaced after a few years.

Great post... and greater picture

Unknown said...

I would kill for your body!! Congrats on loving it!!

http://fattiefatterton.wordpress.com

Julie, The Wife said...

Awesome. Love it. Keep that John Mayer in your panties! (sorry Dan)

I love my long legs and my chest - the part that shows in V-neck shirts.

Dawn Dishes It Out said...

I my whole body for getting me over the finish line of a half marathon at 32 years old!!!

Vedika said...

John Mayer is one of the loves of my life :) I'm hoping to go see him in January!
And INNIE PRIDE!!!

LaurenD said...

I love this picture. it is extremely inspirational! i love my booty! its big and juicy but hey i dont care i love it!

~ugly girl with a beautiful heart~ said...

This post brought me to tears. I could never do this. You are amazing.

English Rose said...

INNIES FOREVER! go you for doing this! i love my hips, which are very out of place on my body seeing as how I'm so flat-chested, but appreciated none the less :)

x

Unknown said...

Ha ha, definately. I whinge about my body all the time...but really I don't care. My husband likes my boobs and if my belly doesn't hang too far over my pants, it's all good.

Starving people in Africa. Bit of perspective, people.

Tricia said...

Love it!

Quincifer said...

The more I read your blog the more you impress me with your bravery!
I could so never take a picture like that (without sucking my tummy in superloads) and then find things I like about it! Its that kind of bravery that will help oyu reach your goal :) You go girl!

Also, loving the John Mayer placement hehe!

MegFordice said...

I am so jealous of your tiny thighs.

MMM said...

I went and looked at the other blogs, and everyone looks good! You look good!!! It is very sad that body image is so scewed by us. In fact, one of the girls pictures I did a double take, because that can not be too far off of what I look like... and she looked GOOD! I think I will try this... it will be hard. Finding matching bra and panties is not easy in my closet! After the two kids... and the 75lbs that got lost, which is sad... and I really should find them again.
Thanks for sharing Jen!

Hannah said...

What an awesome post. It's funny and not in a good way that it's second nature (seriously I do it without even thinking) to tear down our bodies, but when we want to focus on the positive, on what we love, it's so out of the ordinary that we have to make an effort. I applaud you for leading by example.

Ah, and that's a hot bod you've got there. :)

Claire Dawn said...

Body love rocks!

As for me, I love that my stomach is flat, the wide hips, and my smooth complexion! Need to work on the rest :)

Kendra said...

OMG..you're amazing! I'm not even close to a mirror..but I'm imagining my body and realizing that I soooooo need to do this!!! Yes, I'm 13 weeks pregnant...yes, my body is going to change DRASTICALLY...but why not love it now..in the now...for ME now...

*sigh* Where's my camera and mirror!?

Panty Buns said...

Good attitude written on a body that's looking good too. Like the old adage says, "If you've got it, flaunt it".

Unknown said...

Hi, I love your post and your pic! Thanks so much for sharing. You bring much life to this world :)
I am giving a talk in a couple of days for national Love Your Body Day (Australia), would I be able to use your pic (referenced?) and quote you in it?
Thanks so much.